People, Processes, Tools
Our talented people are ASA’s key asset. People make up the business and have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to use the processes and tools to deliver effective solutions efficiently and on schedule.
Our domain expertise includes airborne ISR (manned and unmanned), space, rotary wing strike and transport aircraft, fixed wing fighter aircraft, integrated air and missile defense, military armored ground vehicles, and healthcare IT.
Our core competencies center on systems engineering disciplines. Our people have experience developing CONOPS and conducting foundational requirements analysis. Our experts have years of mission area analysis experience including ground floor experience working with new DoD Mission Integration Management initiatives. Our staff have used knowledge and training in the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) to create use cases and architecture products including both operational and systems views. Our people also have gained expert-level experience in DoD acquisition, having fielded over 25 systems over the past 30+ years. Our people understand the lifecycle requirements/acquisition support required to properly guide, transition, and establish selected capabilities through milestones A, B and C. Here, we apply our Lean Six Sigma and CMMI knowledge to improve business processes during and after fielding. Of course, in addition to traditional acquisition, our staff have also have strong competencies in rapid prototyping and rapid fielding.
We provide broad requirements development support in accordance with the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS Manual, CJCSI 5123.01) and systems engineering/acquisition support in accordance with DoD Directive 5000.01, DoD Instruction 5000.02, and the Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG) throughout the program lifecycle to get required capabilities into the hands of the user as efficiently as possible. Specific examples include:
- Foundational requirements analysis / developmental planning:
- Conducting capability-based assessments (CBAs) and analysis of alternatives (AoA) prior to Milestone A
- Practicality and suitability analysis
- Architecture development and analysis:
- Developing Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) products including: Use Case Scenarios, Derived Requirements, Operational Views, System Views, Capability Views, Project Views, and other affiliated Architecture Views
- Lifecycle requirements/acquisition:
- Properly guide, transition, and establish capabilities through milestones A, B and C.
- Rapid Prototyping and Rapid Fielding: i
- Support for acquisition agility implementation as directed by interim Service guidance
- Prototype development for US Navy clients
Our team also provides expertise in program management with a focus on program cost and schedule management. Our team uses the following processes to support clients such as PEO DHMS.
- Process improvement:
- Process improvement focused on reducing duplicative data entry, streamlining change request, and configuration management
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices and phase gate review mentoring
- Integration and management of summary level schedule reports including: Milestone variance reports, Gantt chart, PERT, and resource utilization and availability charts
- Risk Management
- Risk identification, management and reporting focusing on process improvement
- Quantitative and qualitative risk analysis
- Time Management
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) with Microsoft Project multiple versions and Project Server experience
- DCMA 14 Point Assessment to analyze task/work packages in the IMS for compliance
- Cost Management
- Earned Value Management Reporting
- Cost estimate development and analysis
Our people regularly use tools to automate processes to reduce errors. These tools include Jazz, DOORS, Remedy, MS Project, Milestones Professional, VisibleThread, along with MS Office products (including MS SharePoint). Our people use Jazz and Remedy to support a complex Healthcare IT program undergo software test and deployment. Our skilled staff have developed and implemented MS SharePoint solutions for DHS and DoD customers. We have used VisibleThread to support Acquisition Agility Act implementation and analyze contract documents. In the past our staff have used modeling and simulation tools such as Systems Tool Kit (STK) for airborne ISR capability studies.
ASA is a recognized, valued, preferred provider of professional support to get game changing effective capabilities into the field and in the hands of the user as efficiently as possible.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT
We provide objective, comprehensive Professional, Engineering, Technical, Scientific and Program Management Services.
ACQUISITION SYSTEM ASSOCIATES
Gary Gray, President and CEO
By appointment only
1775 Tysons Blvd.
Tysons, Virginia 22102